Tuesday, December 27, 2016

IKEA Hacker Symposium #2

Chapter 1

Of course, I am still working. BUT the thing that is most on my mind is the IKEA Hacker Symposium that I will do in about 3 weeks! SO I will just post some pics, just to keep the blog fresh. This is all the work that I've done this year - like a minor 2016 year in review. 

IKEA does not approve of this work. 

This has been my favourite kitchen this year - SEKTION boxes for all, all MAXIMERA drawers, put together with custom doors and drawer fronts - lowers are super-matte 1411 from ABET; uppers are rift-sawn white oak, edged in 1/8" solid.  Now, whenever I design kitchens, I pull all these elements and incorporate them into new projects [including my latest one - Black+Mint!]


[picture shows an IKEA Sektion kitchen with rift-sawn white oak, horizontal grain upper doors; and Abet laminate lower doors]
This one was a total condo reno that we reclaimed a piece of old cabinetry. If you scroll back few entries, I blog about this piece. Here, I turned it into a media unit.


[picture shows a cool heringbone tiles - Chevron Chic; and a re-purposed salvaged cabinet covered in Abet laminate]

This was a really cool BESTA media unit hack. Added some side panels, a little desk and extra shelving. The design works with the geometry of the space - I laid it all 'full size' - extra work, but all well worth it. 


[picture shows a BESTA media unit IKEA hack]
FIN