Monday, January 23, 2017

I Survived Design Week - Should get a scouting badge, ha!

Now you know my 'Handy side' - check out my 'edgy side' - f35.ca


Chapter 1 - I survived Design Week!

I want to thank everyone who came to the first ever IKEA Hackers Convention - it was a huge success. The venue was packed - at capacity - 


WE MADE HISTORY TOGETHER!



After the show, exhausted and hungry, I went to catch a bite at IKEA Etobicoke, and while I was browsing through the store - AND THIS HAPPENED FOR REALZ - a woman stopped me randomly and asked if I am 'That designer, the IKEA Hacker'....and I was like 'yea...that's me.'

And then! Even later at night - like at midnight! - I get an email from someone who told me that they attended my symposium and that I inspired him to create a meet-up and be more creative and start 'making' - GO! GO! GO!

I want to tell you - my dear readers! - sometimes, you have to be the first one to make the move, to do something, to organize something, to challenge yourself, to get creative! DO IT!

IKEA is here to help you! LOL! This is straight up from their AS-IS Sektion* - Look - 




Peace out....


Karol
Professional IKEA Hacker

*IKEA pun....play on words...see what i did there.....